You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music

When I look at my list of songs on my iPod touch, some songs are grayed out. When I touch a song that is grayed out, I see an error message. "This song is not synced across your devices. On your Mac or PC, go to Apple Music or iTunes for Windows and in Preferences, select Sync Library." When I go to iTunes for Windows on my PC and I go to Preferences, there is no option for Sync Library.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 11:47 AM

Greetings, jaws_1975!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your music being grayed out on your iPod touch. Take a look at this support article and follow all applicable steps If your songs are grayed out. Also, make sure both your iPhone and iTunes are updated:

Also, be sure you are signed into the same Apple ID on your PC and iPod touch.

Let us know if you continue to have issues!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2021 11:47 AM in response to jaws_1975

Greetings, jaws_1975!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your music being grayed out on your iPod touch. Take a look at this support article and follow all applicable steps If your songs are grayed out. Also, make sure both your iPhone and iTunes are updated:

Also, be sure you are signed into the same Apple ID on your PC and iPod touch.

Let us know if you continue to have issues!

Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.