You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.0.2 update hangs

Hi

I tried to install the latest iOS update on my iPad Pro, but it hangs with the message of verifying the update. I cannot unlock the screen. Pressing and holding the top button shows me the shutdown slider, but apparently the screen is locked and I cannot shut down the iPad. Is there any way for me to reset the iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 3:24 AM

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

And, assuming you're trying to update your device wirelessly (via wifi), see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it via computer:

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2021 3:24 AM in response to frostelikus

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

And, assuming you're trying to update your device wirelessly (via wifi), see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it via computer:

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

iOS 15.0.2 update hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.