You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air restart

I wiped the hard drive of a 2012 MacBook Air to set it up for a new user and must have deleted the startup disk as I cant start it. I just get a flashing folder image with a question mark. I have tried to start it holding down command and R, but it still wont boot up. It does go to "internet recovery mode", but then I don't know what to do,

Please help. Thank you

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:17 PM

Hi,

You would need to enter WiFi access point passcode for Internet Recovery Mode, if recovery macOS doesn't start up.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 11, 2021 10:29 PM in response to kmacaero

kmacaero Said:

"Macbook Air restart: I wiped the hard drive of a 2012 MacBook Air to set it up for a new user and must have deleted the startup disk as I cant start it. I just get a flashing folder image with a question mark. I have tried to start it holding down command and R, but it still wont boot up. It does go to "internet recovery mode", but then I don't know what to do, [...]"

-------

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Macbook Air restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.