You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing downloaded music from Mac

When I remove a downloaded song or album from iTunes on my iMac, why does it not appear in the trash? I was trying to free up some space on my iMac and thought removing the downloads would do that but I’m wondering as I don’t see anything show up in the trash.

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:49 AM

If you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription then I believe when you use the right-click > remove download option the items in question are immediately removed from the computer without being sent to the trash. They remain available to you via a cloud link. When you delete tracks from the library you may get a prompt about deleting the files, and if those are deleted they should go to the trash.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2021 10:49 AM in response to ATHiker95

If you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription then I believe when you use the right-click > remove download option the items in question are immediately removed from the computer without being sent to the trash. They remain available to you via a cloud link. When you delete tracks from the library you may get a prompt about deleting the files, and if those are deleted they should go to the trash.

tt2

Removing downloaded music from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.