You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset screen time passcode not working on iPhone

I have tried numerous times to change or turn off my screen time password. I recently upgraded to a new phone, and I can't erase my old iPhone's data without that stupid screen time passcode. Is there any way to bypass this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:13 PM

Hello. Are the steps available here not working as expected for you? Are you unable to reset your Screen Time passcode using your Apple ID?

If you cannot remember your Screen Time passcode, you should be able to restore your iPhone using the steps in the article here if you have access to a Mac or PC. This will delete all of your data. You should not need your Screen Time passcode to restore your iPhone using Recovery Mode.

Lastly, if you are planning on selling or giving away your old iPhone, please be sure to follow the steps here and sign out of iCloud to avoid having the device be iCloud locked for its new owner.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 12:13 PM in response to wgrotemeyer

Hello. Are the steps available here not working as expected for you? Are you unable to reset your Screen Time passcode using your Apple ID?

If you cannot remember your Screen Time passcode, you should be able to restore your iPhone using the steps in the article here if you have access to a Mac or PC. This will delete all of your data. You should not need your Screen Time passcode to restore your iPhone using Recovery Mode.

Lastly, if you are planning on selling or giving away your old iPhone, please be sure to follow the steps here and sign out of iCloud to avoid having the device be iCloud locked for its new owner.

Reset screen time passcode not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.