You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t listen to Apple Music at the same time.

I’m sick of dealing w/ an ongoing problem where I can’t use Apple Music on Sonos, Bluetooth speaker or my phone while another family member is using it at the same time. We have a family plan. The songs keep repeating and won’t advance.

what’s the reason for this? I’m tired of paying all the fees Apple charges and can’t use the services I’ve paid for!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:38 PM

Are you and your other family member sharing an Apple ID? If so, that is not Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID or you will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no way around it.

You should take the role of Family Organizer and change your individual Apple Music subscription to a family subscription. Make sure you follow all the steps in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2021 7:38 PM in response to joshua450

Are you and your other family member sharing an Apple ID? If so, that is not Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID or you will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no way around it.

You should take the role of Family Organizer and change your individual Apple Music subscription to a family subscription. Make sure you follow all the steps in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Can’t listen to Apple Music at the same time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.