You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive "Waiting to upload"

I uploaded some files to a folder in iCloud Drive, they finished uploading and I can open them from other devices but on my laptop under the folder's name it keeps saying "waiting to upload", does nyone know why?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:07 AM

Hi lorand65,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you've uploaded a file to iCloud Drive from your Mac and you're able to access the same file from another device but you're seeing an alert on your Mac that the file is waiting to upload, correct?

Do you see the same alert after you restart your Mac?

Is the folder where your files are located on your internal drive or do you have them stored on an external drive?

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 8:07 AM in response to lorand65

Hi lorand65,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you've uploaded a file to iCloud Drive from your Mac and you're able to access the same file from another device but you're seeing an alert on your Mac that the file is waiting to upload, correct?

Do you see the same alert after you restart your Mac?

Is the folder where your files are located on your internal drive or do you have them stored on an external drive?

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Oct 5, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Miche11e_P

Hello Miche11e_P,

Yes that is correct!

The alert remains even after I restart my Mac.

Once I finished uploading the files to iCloud Drive I deleted them from my internal drive.

Today I copied them back to internal without any damage to the files and I also uploaded them to google drive for backup. So the files are ok, they are pngs, jpgs, pdfs and ai, but I just don’t understand why is that alert there.

iCloud Drive "Waiting to upload"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.