You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speak screen stops reading book at the end of each page

After 15.0 upgrade, speak screen function would stop reading an ebook in ibook app at the end of each page. This never happened with previous upgrades.

It is rather irritating when listening to a book to have to restart speak screen at every new page - defeats the purpose of listening to a book.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:53 PM

Books and other readers are sensitive to unseen coding in the selection and may do strange things; however, I do not have this problem albeit with a much newer iPhone. Instead I have an annoying hesitation (delay) at the top of each page being read. Other readers I use flip pages smoothly without a delay in the speech function. This problem is not specific to Monterrey.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2021 4:53 PM in response to salimsalima

Books and other readers are sensitive to unseen coding in the selection and may do strange things; however, I do not have this problem albeit with a much newer iPhone. Instead I have an annoying hesitation (delay) at the top of each page being read. Other readers I use flip pages smoothly without a delay in the speech function. This problem is not specific to Monterrey.

Speak screen stops reading book at the end of each page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.