You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Respond to Group Texts from my Mac

I can receive group messages from a particular group on both my iphone and my mac pro, but I am only able to respond from my cell. On my mac, there isn't even a space to enter my response (I can, however, initiate a text to the same group from my mac.) I can't find any differences in the preferences/settings. What am I doing wrong?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:41 AM

wertgrggr wrote:

I can receive group messages from a particular group on both my iphone and my mac pro, but I am only able to respond from my cell. On my mac, there isn't even a space to enter my response (I can, however, initiate a text to the same group from my mac.) I can't find any differences in the preferences/settings. What am I doing wrong?

See if there is anything here:

Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

Manage a group conversation in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2021 9:41 AM in response to wertgrggr

wertgrggr wrote:

See if there is anything here:

Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

Manage a group conversation in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

Can't Respond to Group Texts from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.