You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Is there a way to add text notes?

I've got a raw rehearsal recording recording in Logic Pro X. The recording is about 1.5 hours and there are six or seven songs - some repeated - some just certain sections repeated. I need an easy way to just "see" where those sections are so that I can quickly move the playhead to whatever section or part I need to listen to.

So, is there a way to just add little notes so that I don't have to hunt for things as much?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 3:49 AM

Hi

A couple of ways come to mind:

Use Markers ( Global Tracks).

Make an empty instrument track and add dummy Regions labelled and colour-coded

etc etc

CCT

3 replies

Sep 24, 2021 7:39 PM in response to CCTM

Yeah, that's what I was doing last night - I made a software instrument track and added MIDI regions as markers visual markers. That was definitely better than nothing.

Briefly, I tried Markers (Global Tracks) - but, they weren't like Postit notes - they were these long continuous things. It might have worked but (at least initially) Markers seemed to have maybe too much overhead.

I might Give Markers another try though - since you CAN add text to Markers - and that would be very helpful. It's just that I'd prefer markers to be short square shapes - not these infinitely long bars. But, maybe Markers could be made into tiny rectangles?

EDIT: Okay, Markers are working. I was able to create non-infinitely long Markers. So, I'll use both methods - Markers to put a label (name of song) over where we rehearsed the song - and the midi regions below to mark stuff like Chorus, Verse, Bridge, and so on.

Thanks for your help!

Logic Pro X - Is there a way to add text notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.