You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro max - battery drain out

Hi, I’m using iphone 12 pro max for a month now.

This morning I noticed my phone’s battery is drained out after fully charged even though not using it.

Please help..

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:51 AM

Hello Wellieb,

We understand you're experiencing your battery depleting faster than usual. We'd be happy to help.

Reviewing the screenshots it does appear you have several items running in the background that could contribute to your battery drain. We’d recommend to check Background App Refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh as seen here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

Also, if you've updated your iPhone recently, your apps may be reindexing or reanalyzing data, like Photos tagging for faces, places, or keywords. This, too, can cause your battery to deplete faster than usual for the first few days.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 6:51 AM in response to wellieb

Hello Wellieb,

We understand you're experiencing your battery depleting faster than usual. We'd be happy to help.

Reviewing the screenshots it does appear you have several items running in the background that could contribute to your battery drain. We’d recommend to check Background App Refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh as seen here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

Also, if you've updated your iPhone recently, your apps may be reindexing or reanalyzing data, like Photos tagging for faces, places, or keywords. This, too, can cause your battery to deplete faster than usual for the first few days.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Iphone 12 pro max - battery drain out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.