You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am connected to Wi-Fi but it says it won’t update because I’m no longer connected to the Internet. I’ve tried restarting my phone, deleting the download and re-downloading it, my Wi-Fi system is normal but nothing is working.

I am connected to the Wi-Fi but it says it won’t update the new iOS 15 because it says I am no longer connected to the Internet. I’ve tried everything, turning my phone off and restarting it, deleting the download and then re-downloading it I’ve checked my router It is normal I don’t know what the issue I don’t know what the issue is

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:51 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2021 3:51 AM in response to A_jade44

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Oct 26, 2021 7:37 PM in response to sunitabakery

Hi sunitabakery,

Sorry, if you were waiting a long time for a reply.

Sometimes it is best too start a new discussion

If you still need help with updating:

You might want to trey this article from Apple support:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204

OR

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update:

• If there's not enough space to update
  • If the download takes a long time
  • If you can’t reach the update server or can’t verify the update
  • If the update doesn't complete

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201435

Hope this helps :-)

Dec 18, 2021 5:13 PM in response to brbo

I too had the dreaded “no longer connected to internet” at the “verification” stage. I tried all the usual solutions, re-boot iPhone, reset network settings etc. None worked. I finally realised, after quite a few hours of frustration that my VPN was causing the problem. I turned off the VPN and the “verification” then proceeded as normal and iOS 15.2 successfully installed. I turned the VPN back on again after the installation.

I am connected to Wi-Fi but it says it won’t update because I’m no longer connected to the Internet. I’ve tried restarting my phone, deleting the download and re-downloading it, my Wi-Fi system is normal but nothing is working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.