You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts still not syncing - Big Sur, iOS 14.8

I've read everything I can find about syncing contacts between a Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad, but I still have contacts on my phone that don't show up on my Mac, contacts on my Mac that don't show up on my iPad, etc. etc. etc.

Mac OS and iOS all up-to-date. I'm signed in to my iCloud account on all devices. I've dragged down in my Contacts to (theoretically) initiate a sync. Still no joy.

Does anyone have any reliable way to make this simple task work reliably on the most recent Apple devices?

Thanks,

Myles

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 1:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:29 AM

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID/iCloud and stop Contacts syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

For the devices, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.  

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting the device, and then signing back in?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2021 6:29 AM in response to mylesdevon

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID/iCloud and stop Contacts syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

For the devices, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.  

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting the device, and then signing back in?

Contacts still not syncing - Big Sur, iOS 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.