You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a 2 button foot switch be mapped as left and right mouse clicks?

I have a 2020 M1 Mac Mini, Big Sur. I would like to map these switches for disability use.

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 4:03 PM

Hi,

From your picture and description, I found a set on eBay for #35.99 each.

Checking the manufacture website, PCSensor, they are on sale for $28.00. (scroll down to read the device details)

Yes, according to their website, you need to configure the pedals with a PC and their software.

You can configure it to act like keyboard keys, mouse buttons, etc.

Looks like you can map each pedal (Key1 and Key2) to Mouse left, Mouse middle or Mouse right, which sounds like what you want.

As you note, they say once mapped, you can move the unit to a Mac for use there.

(Note: if your computer system is Linux or MAC, you need to modify key value in the Windows system computer, after successful set, and then plug the switch into the Linux or MAC computer.)

ivan

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2021 4:03 PM in response to Reppy

Hi,

From your picture and description, I found a set on eBay for #35.99 each.

Checking the manufacture website, PCSensor, they are on sale for $28.00. (scroll down to read the device details)

Yes, according to their website, you need to configure the pedals with a PC and their software.

You can configure it to act like keyboard keys, mouse buttons, etc.

Looks like you can map each pedal (Key1 and Key2) to Mouse left, Mouse middle or Mouse right, which sounds like what you want.

As you note, they say once mapped, you can move the unit to a Mac for use there.

(Note: if your computer system is Linux or MAC, you need to modify key value in the Windows system computer, after successful set, and then plug the switch into the Linux or MAC computer.)

ivan

Sep 19, 2021 3:00 PM in response to ivan54

I haven’t bought the pedals yet, pending this research, but eBay shows an inexpensive double button one. It has a Windows app to do the mapping and and then it will work on a Mac after mapping. I can’t get an answer from the manufacturer (China) on how the unit natively appears to a Mac, or if the app mapping includes mouse clicks or just Function keys.

Can a 2 button foot switch be mapped as left and right mouse clicks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.