You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loss of connection with 1 contact on my iPhone

I cannot receive or send texts or phone calls to one user only. I have checked that they are not blocked - they're not. I've deleted recent conversations and then the contact altogether and then reloaded them and still cannot connect. Any thoughts about what to do next please?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 5:48 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2021 12:40 PM in response to osteoc

Thank you for visiting the Apple Support Communities, osteoc,

We understand you're having trouble communicating via calls and messages with a specific contact. We'd be happy to help!

We see you have verified that this person is not blocked on your end. We would encourage you to try to find out whether this person has inadvertently done so to your contact information.

If not, we would suggest making sure both you and your contact's devices are up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. If you're both up to date on your respective operating systems, we would suggest getting in touch with your carriers to see if there is a problem on their end(s).

Please feel free to respond back if you still need help after that, with the following information:

1. What happens when you try to call this person?
  2. What happens when you try to text them?
  3. If you receive any error messages, please provide them exactly as they appear.

Cheers!

loss of connection with 1 contact on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.