You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older messages didn’t transfer to new phone (12 pro max)

Hi, when I transferred everything from my iPhone 11 to my 12 pro max it didn't transfer all of my messages. I didn't realize until I'd been using the new one for a while that it hadn't transferred older messages, it only goes back a few months. I need access to those older messages and they’re still in my old phone but I need to wipe that phone so I can set it up for my kids. Is there a way to keep the messages on iCloud or somewhere so that I can access them as needed? I don’t need them on my new phone necessarily, I just need to be able to access them.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:20 AM

If you turn on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

2 replies

Older messages didn’t transfer to new phone (12 pro max)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.