You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my pin to access my phone

I forgot my I phone password how can I regain access and I forgot my Apple ID password as well?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:35 AM

To reset the screen lock passcode, you’ll have to erase it by restoring in iTunes -> see If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

But to use it after you reset the passcode, you must have your AppleID password to get past activation lock, so you’ll need to either reset your AppleID password (see If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support). If you cannot reset the password, you will have to use account recovery (see How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support) or your 28 character account recovery code if you set one up (How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2021 6:35 AM in response to irvii

To reset the screen lock passcode, you’ll have to erase it by restoring in iTunes -> see If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

But to use it after you reset the passcode, you must have your AppleID password to get past activation lock, so you’ll need to either reset your AppleID password (see If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support). If you cannot reset the password, you will have to use account recovery (see How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support) or your 28 character account recovery code if you set one up (How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support)

I forgot my pin to access my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.