You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhone Photos not Backed Up, Screen Does NOT Display but Touch Works

Old 11 had the graphics go out, only the touch works but the screen is always black. I thought the photos were backed up to the iCloud, but I've learned they are not. How do I go about backing up the old 11 photos to the iCloud, while having a non-displaying screen (but touch works) so I can then download them to my new 12. Looked all over and have come up with nothing. Got iCloud and iTunes installed on my PC ready to go if needed.

----

TLDR:

iPhone 11 bad screen.

Photos weren't backed up to iCloud.

How do I back them up to download them to my 12.

Windows user.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 7:37 PM

Not sure if it still works, but if the device wasn't restarted since your last backup through iTunes, you could connect your device and make an iTunes backup. That used to be the case, not sure it still is. Connect the phone. Open iTunes. Navigate to the device. Check the last backup details. It may also backup to the cloud (if you have that set up) plug the device in and walk away (overnight).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2021 7:37 PM in response to Gunnergrant12

Not sure if it still works, but if the device wasn't restarted since your last backup through iTunes, you could connect your device and make an iTunes backup. That used to be the case, not sure it still is. Connect the phone. Open iTunes. Navigate to the device. Check the last backup details. It may also backup to the cloud (if you have that set up) plug the device in and walk away (overnight).

Old iPhone Photos not Backed Up, Screen Does NOT Display but Touch Works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.