You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying "End Workout" message in Apple Watch

Greetings!

During my hikes (6-9 hours) I always run the hiking program on the Apple watch. Unfortunately I keep getting "End Workout" messages and the hiking program pauses until I press "Dismiss" on the watch. Sometime I stop to drink or rest for a couple of minutes and the program decides that I am done, so ... "End Workout." Other times it just happens out of the blue.

If I do not notice that the program has paused behind my back I keep climbing without that being recorded and from that point on I am relying on erroneous elevation info. It has happened and it is not nice.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and make sure that the hiking program starts and stops only when *I* want and not when *it* decides I am done with climbing?

I like the program and I find it useful, but this "End Workout" is truly a nuisance.

Thanks!

Cheers

Marco

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 1:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:21 AM

Hi mxa75,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to end the workout reminders. You can disable this feature on your Apple Watch in Settings > Workout > then go to End Workout Reminder. You can read more about this feature in the section "Get reminders to end your workout" in the link Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch.

Regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2021 5:21 AM in response to mxa75

Hi mxa75,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to end the workout reminders. You can disable this feature on your Apple Watch in Settings > Workout > then go to End Workout Reminder. You can read more about this feature in the section "Get reminders to end your workout" in the link Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch.

Regards.

Annoying "End Workout" message in Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.