You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't talk to or hear caller

Hello,

I use an iPhone 7. When I try to call someone or someone calls me the call is put through, but there is no sound (and the other person can't hear me). The speaker symbol is "gray" - not available. Same problem with Facetime, though it just disconnects.

I have tried to use headphones. I have rebooted and totally erased the iPhone. I have tried installing the SIM/icloud-account on another iPhone. Same problem. So no hardware problem, I guess?

But! I can call people (facetime) from the connected iPad. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need a new SIM-card?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:54 AM

olof ~ 73% & 74% are not healthy battery capacities as 80% is considered to be the point between healthy & unhealthy. Have the battery replaced in one of the iPhone 7's:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

3 replies

Can't talk to or hear caller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.