You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing iTunes

I haven't used iTunes in awhile, but I want to access my music library. I am on a PC. How do I do this?

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 11:57 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean. iTunes, and your Library are where you left them.

Perhaps one of the three following suggestions may help:

1. If you have previously uninstalled iTunes from your current computer, then re-install it. At installation time, iTunes should ask you if you wish to add music that's on your PC to its library. Yes, you do
    2. If you are now on a different computer to the one you had your iTunes Library on, then hopefully, you still have access to music you had in the old library. You need to copy that music from your old computer to the new one. (If you copy the entire iTunes Music folder, then it should retain things such as your Playlists.) Once you have added the music to your new computer, install iTunes and proceed as above
    3. If all your music was purchased from the iTunes Store, use iTunes to access your account and re-download the music from the "your account" page

Note that if you are missing any music that you obtained from sources other than the iTunes Store, you will have to access it again from that specific source:

• music purchased from online sources, such as Amazon, Bandcamp etc., go to your account with that store and re-download the music
    • if you copied from CD into your iTunes library, you will have to use the CD to make a new copy
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2021 11:57 PM in response to soundstar76

I'm not quite sure what you mean. iTunes, and your Library are where you left them.

Perhaps one of the three following suggestions may help:

1. If you have previously uninstalled iTunes from your current computer, then re-install it. At installation time, iTunes should ask you if you wish to add music that's on your PC to its library. Yes, you do
    2. If you are now on a different computer to the one you had your iTunes Library on, then hopefully, you still have access to music you had in the old library. You need to copy that music from your old computer to the new one. (If you copy the entire iTunes Music folder, then it should retain things such as your Playlists.) Once you have added the music to your new computer, install iTunes and proceed as above
    3. If all your music was purchased from the iTunes Store, use iTunes to access your account and re-download the music from the "your account" page

Note that if you are missing any music that you obtained from sources other than the iTunes Store, you will have to access it again from that specific source:

• music purchased from online sources, such as Amazon, Bandcamp etc., go to your account with that store and re-download the music
    • if you copied from CD into your iTunes library, you will have to use the CD to make a new copy

accessing iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.