You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

My computer won’t let me delete anything anymore because it’s saying there is not enough disk space and now I can’t even open any applications because it says it ran out to disk space so I’m not sure how to free storage?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:03 AM

Depending on how you've chosen to backup your personal files from user accounts

to an external archive, you may also wish to make sure there are suitable duplicates

that are accessible through conventional methods; such as search by content.

And good Time Machine backups on external purpose-dedicated storage is a start.

Free up storage space on your Mac

Then par the content of the main congestion to manageable levels; a good deal of

the items which appear as "Other" are not in one folder or location; & are automatic

to the generic results. There is no Folder of those items; most are used by System and

are randomly dispersed.

A good backup and then in addition, move your content to an external drive. If the

internal Mac's storage is not internally upgradeable to larger capacity, use an external.

Those can be configured to run the Mac from; & in some cases, maybe not.

And this topic has been exhaustively re-stated; problematic if not approached as it is.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2021 11:03 AM in response to emerson155

Depending on how you've chosen to backup your personal files from user accounts

to an external archive, you may also wish to make sure there are suitable duplicates

that are accessible through conventional methods; such as search by content.

And good Time Machine backups on external purpose-dedicated storage is a start.

Free up storage space on your Mac

Then par the content of the main congestion to manageable levels; a good deal of

the items which appear as "Other" are not in one folder or location; & are automatic

to the generic results. There is no Folder of those items; most are used by System and

are randomly dispersed.

A good backup and then in addition, move your content to an external drive. If the

internal Mac's storage is not internally upgradeable to larger capacity, use an external.

Those can be configured to run the Mac from; & in some cases, maybe not.

And this topic has been exhaustively re-stated; problematic if not approached as it is.

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.