You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does Apple TV subscriptions work with Apple sharing with my son.. ,

My son added me to Family Sharing and I have an Apple TV subscription which is included. Will I have to pay an annual subscription now for Apple tv

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:03 AM

Family Sharing allows all the group members to share their sharable subscriptions, among other things. If one of the group members has Apple TV+, then each group member can access Apple TV+ on their own account, with their own watch history.

The subscription payments are for the original subscriber (unless the group has also set purchase sharing, in which case the organizer makes the group payments). Fee payments can be monthly or annual, at the subscriber’s preference.

The free trial is sharable in the same way as the fee paying subscription after the trial.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2021 6:03 AM in response to Laugrat

Family Sharing allows all the group members to share their sharable subscriptions, among other things. If one of the group members has Apple TV+, then each group member can access Apple TV+ on their own account, with their own watch history.

The subscription payments are for the original subscriber (unless the group has also set purchase sharing, in which case the organizer makes the group payments). Fee payments can be monthly or annual, at the subscriber’s preference.

The free trial is sharable in the same way as the fee paying subscription after the trial.

How does Apple TV subscriptions work with Apple sharing with my son.. ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.