You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod stopped recognizing HomeKit accessories

My HomePod out of nowhere stopped recognizing all of my HomeKit accessories. It was recognizing them just fine for over a year and suddenly just stopped. It tells me there’s no HomeKit accessories setup. The HomeKit accessories still work fine from my iPhone and via Siri on my iPhone. I already tried resetting the HomePod and didn’t help. Any ideas on a fix?

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 8:27 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2021 2:34 PM in response to robheredia

Hello robheredia,

We note you're having issues with your HomeKit accessories when trying to adjust them via the HomePod, and we'd like to help out with that.

First, double-check that the HomePod is on the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone/HomeKit accessories: Change HomePod settings

Then try power cycling the HomePod by unplugging it, and then plugging it back in after a minute.

Also try turning off all iOS and macOS device that you're using with the Home app, including the HomePod. Then, turn them all back on.

It can also help to try restarting the Wi-Fi router.

Take care.

Aug 30, 2021 12:59 PM in response to robheredia

robheredia,

Thanks for trying those steps out.

Are you getting any errors when trying to make the requests?

Also, try deleting affected accessories from the Home app on an applicable device, and set it up again. You can try testing this with one of the accessories, just to see if it helps, before proceeding with others. To set up the accessory again, some require restoring the accessory to factory settings. This may require locating a reset button on the accessory. You may check with the accessory's documentation or the manufacturer to see if that's the case.

If you continue to have issues, we'd recommend following up with Apple Support directly for further investigation: Get Support

Take care.

HomePod stopped recognizing HomeKit accessories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.