You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup and Restore

Hi. I want to factory reset my phone. I have backed up my data on iCloud. Is my phone data retrieved correctly? Because many people say back up your iPhone data to a computer. Which method do you suggest? iCloud backup or computer backup? Thanks

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 7:38 PM

You should fully understand what is backed up from your device and the differences between the two options. Some information is synchronized from the cloud if you already have iCloud enabled for some items. Others may redownload. Personally, I back up to my Mac. But the choice is yours.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2021 7:38 PM in response to MasoudSafiri

You should fully understand what is backed up from your device and the differences between the two options. Some information is synchronized from the cloud if you already have iCloud enabled for some items. Others may redownload. Personally, I back up to my Mac. But the choice is yours.

Backup and Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.