You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not unlock my log in user name

Hi,

I was trying to change my login name, first I unlocked the lock icon at the bottom of the "users & groups " window, then I right clicked on the admin, then clicked on advance option, then changed the name, then restarted my Mac, then login name was still the same as before, I then went into the users & group window again and I realised that the status of my login changed from admin to standard, now I can not even unlock it anymore. when I click on the lock icon, it shows a window with empty user name, and no matter what I enter into it, nothing happens. I have search through internet and the apple community but no suggestion worked for me. I have tried the command +R went to utilise\terminal\resetpassword to change the password but still not able to unlock the user&group window. Please help if anyone knows how to fix this. Thank you!

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:25 AM

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253061386 and look for the posting by @ BDAqua for the detailed instructions

Similar questions

3 replies

I can not unlock my log in user name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.