You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch says that the storage is full and to delete music or photos in which I do not have downloaded onto my watch. How do I clear more storage?

My watch says that the storage is full and to delete music or photos in which I do not have downloaded onto my watch. How do I clear more storage?

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:46 AM

Is this so that you can update?;

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch

3 replies

Sep 3, 2021 10:14 AM in response to juliabixler21

In my case, this is not related to an update. My phone and watch are on most current version OS. If I reset the watch and re-pair, it works normally, but I can see the available storage fill up over about an hour until it is full again. I have not been able to figure out what is eating up the storage. Under Usage, I only have the built in Apple apps installed and they are all under about 10MB or no data used. Upon speaking to Apple Care, they advise this is a known issue, but don't currently have a fix. I'm hoping we get a WatchOS 7.6.2 before WatchOS 8. I would normally be buying the new watch in a few weeks, but I'm probably not going to until I know the issue is fixed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.