You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Share my Calendar

Hello,

I’m having trouble sharing a calendar that I just created with my husband who also has an iPhone. Within the Apple Calendar app, i created a new calendar, and then I went back in by click the little i with a circle around it, for the info on the calendar, and clicked into “Add Person”. However, if I click on the + button to scroll through my contacts, I can’t add who i want to, a lot of my contacts are grayed out and I can only add random ones, I can’t see a pattern to which ones are not grayed out (ie, which ones I could add).

I tried making this calendar a public calendar, and then trying to add my husband, and that didn’t work. I made sure that we both had Calendar as our default calendar app, and we do. I tried doing this from her phone, and that doesn’t work (same issue).

I added him onto my iCloud plan, so we’re using family sharing iCloud plan, and that didn’t fix the issue.

Someone, PLEASE help me, I just want to have a shared calendar with my husband.

ANY help is soooo so appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:22 PM

I answered my own question. The contact with whom you want to share your calendar needs to have an email in the contact.

@ Apple, you should definitely either add that to your how to articles, or else not make that a requirement, because nowhere in your literature did I see that I needed an email for the person that I wanted to share my calendar with…..

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:22 PM in response to abbyxm17

I answered my own question. The contact with whom you want to share your calendar needs to have an email in the contact.

@ Apple, you should definitely either add that to your how to articles, or else not make that a requirement, because nowhere in your literature did I see that I needed an email for the person that I wanted to share my calendar with…..

Can’t Share my Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.