You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro-1 Sustaining Note issue

One note on keyboard sustains. The F below middle C, to be exact. Using -Audio Hammer Pro 88, works perfect in Logic as a controller. The panels, knobs, faders, pads, etc, are all working correctly.

Just noticed this last night.

-Ive tried resetting all MIDI messages from Logic.

-Tried deleting the M-audio controller then reinstalling it to logic.

-Turn off computer and equipment

-I bypassed all control surfaces and that worked but then the knobs, faders, etc did not read in logic.

-I can play 87 keys and sustain the **** out of them via sustain pedal and release them at will and no issues, just that one note.

-I can touch the note hard or soft and logic will sustain the note.

-I hit the panic button on controller or record and and then it will stop

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 7:47 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 25, 2021 6:48 PM in response to SIMOOL

By deleting your controller setup, do you mean rebuilding (or deleting) the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file?

Does a recorded F note register in Logic's MIDI editors? What does the list editor show?

To delete the file completely:

Close Logic

In the Finder, choose Go / Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (note: type exactly) ----> ~/Library/Preferences

Press the Go button

Delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder. Reboot the computer, boot Logic and redo the controller setup.

Have you used the "Learn" function, it's possible the corruption started there.

Aug 24, 2021 9:58 AM in response to SIMOOL

SIMOOL wrote:
-I bypassed all control surfaces and that worked but then the knobs, faders, etc did not read in logic.

Stop! This tells you where the problem lies. It's a Logic Control Surface issue.

<Sorry to butt in Don, this seems to be a recurring issue, for several people who've posted over the past year>

Controller Assignments, look for that C note being assigned to a function and remove it.

Also open Control Surface setup and delete any old/unused control surfaces you have installed.

Aug 24, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks for the help. I mentioned previously I had deleted my controller setup then reassigned it.

in the controller assignment tab, there’s an “expert view” I believe, and I didn’t see any note revealing itself. When I hit the STOP, REWIND, PANIC, RECORD, etc buttons on the controller and in that expert window it reads what I am doing, they are all preassigned or automatic built in messages that read correctly, but again, no note is showing itself

logic pro-1 Sustaining Note issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.