You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 chip?

Hello, Im an audio engineer who just made a big step in upgrading my studio. I got the newest 16in MacBook Pro with the upgraded processor, and the Midas MR18 digital mixer.

Upon setup I immediately have issues trying to download the app for the Midas. Its telling me the app is only compatible with the apple M1 chip. Really? That seems a bit weird that the upgraded processor can't run the app. Im wondering if anyone knows of a way to get around this? or a way I can get the M1 chip This really throws a wrench in my plans.

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:23 PM

There’s no MacBook Pro 16” M1 model currently built. They’re all Intel.

Contact the app vendor for support information.

I’ve been unable to locate version support or tech specs for the M AIR product, which doesn’t help things.

Best i’ve been able to locate is this thread:

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/225908/311164/mr18-drivers-for-m1-macs

Which mentions checking firmware for the device, and that Macs with both Intel and Arm (M1) processors seem to be supported by the vendor.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2021 5:23 PM in response to Turner_PBT

There’s no MacBook Pro 16” M1 model currently built. They’re all Intel.

Contact the app vendor for support information.

I’ve been unable to locate version support or tech specs for the M AIR product, which doesn’t help things.

Best i’ve been able to locate is this thread:

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/225908/311164/mr18-drivers-for-m1-macs

Which mentions checking firmware for the device, and that Macs with both Intel and Arm (M1) processors seem to be supported by the vendor.

M1 chip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.