You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone wont let me locate a phone that is still listed as one of my devices in my settings.

I got a text saying my stolen had been found. When I went to the link, it showed a map of my old phone. While it was locating, I had to sign into my appleID and now it won't let me locate the old device. It only shows my current phone. The old phone is still listed as one of my devices in the settings on the new phone. How do I get access to the old device?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:47 PM

You've been taken advantage of. And in doing what you did, you turned over your phone to a bad actor and you'll never be able to track it again. Apple does not send texts saying your device has been found. The bad people who stole your phone were hoping you didn't know that and you did exactly what they hoped you would do, unfortunately.

Change you Apple ID Password immediately. If you have credit cards on your phone, contact your credit card company and have them cancel and reissue new cards. Any important account passwords should be changed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 1:47 PM in response to catmolo

You've been taken advantage of. And in doing what you did, you turned over your phone to a bad actor and you'll never be able to track it again. Apple does not send texts saying your device has been found. The bad people who stole your phone were hoping you didn't know that and you did exactly what they hoped you would do, unfortunately.

Change you Apple ID Password immediately. If you have credit cards on your phone, contact your credit card company and have them cancel and reissue new cards. Any important account passwords should be changed.

Aug 18, 2021 1:44 PM in response to catmolo

catmolo wrote:

I got a text saying my stolen had been found. When I went to the link, it showed a map of my old phone. While it was locating, I had to sign into my appleID and now it won't let me locate the old device. It only shows my current phone. The old phone is still listed as one of my devices in the settings on the new phone. How do I get access to the old device?

You would never get a text message, you got duped and by clicking on the link and signing with your credentials, they were able to remove it from your device list.

Suggest you change your password ASAP.

Find my iPhone wont let me locate a phone that is still listed as one of my devices in my settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.