You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Hi, I’m trying to download some songs from my library for offline listening and I keep getting the message, “Too many devices. To play offline content, you’ll have to remove some devices from your account.” I’ve gone through all the steps previously recommended by Apple. The only devices connected to my account are my phone, my watch, my iPad, and my laptop. Everything else has already been deleted. This problem only started after the last update. Any help would be highly appreciated.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:42 PM

Hello MariMcK,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue, and we're here for you.

To be sure, did you follow these steps to remove devices that can download and play items that you bought with your Apple ID:

See and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases

If so and the issue remains, we recommend connecting directly with Apple Support. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 1:42 PM in response to MariMcK

Hello MariMcK,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue, and we're here for you.

To be sure, did you follow these steps to remove devices that can download and play items that you bought with your Apple ID:

See and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases

If so and the issue remains, we recommend connecting directly with Apple Support. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.