You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so after I tap on "iCloud Backup" I just turn my iPhone off?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 11:55 AM

No.

If you want to backup immediately, tap "Backup Now" after you tap iCloud Backup. See items 3 and 4 in the top section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support

If you want it to backup automatically while charging, now and in the future, see the "Automatically back up with iCloud Backup" section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support

You don't turn the phone off. Your phone will backup while it is charging, if it is connected to wi-fi and if it is locked. You can lock it with the right side button or do what I do and let it lock itself automatically based on the time selected in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auot-Lock.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2021 11:55 AM in response to s-in-txs

No.

If you want to backup immediately, tap "Backup Now" after you tap iCloud Backup. See items 3 and 4 in the top section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support

If you want it to backup automatically while charging, now and in the future, see the "Automatically back up with iCloud Backup" section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support

You don't turn the phone off. Your phone will backup while it is charging, if it is connected to wi-fi and if it is locked. You can lock it with the right side button or do what I do and let it lock itself automatically based on the time selected in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auot-Lock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.