You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of data from very old to new

I want to transfer photos from a 2010 MacBook to a new iMac. Migration Assistant won’t work due to age of older device. Suggestions? Thank you!

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 2:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:23 AM

If you are using iCloud storage you could upload the pictures from the old machine and then download onto the new machine.

I have recently upgraded to an M1 iMac and have used iCloud for transferring some files form my 2009 Mac Pro. .

I also have a USB HDD which can be used in a similar fashion with a suitable adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2021 4:23 AM in response to Molses

If you are using iCloud storage you could upload the pictures from the old machine and then download onto the new machine.

I have recently upgraded to an M1 iMac and have used iCloud for transferring some files form my 2009 Mac Pro. .

I also have a USB HDD which can be used in a similar fashion with a suitable adapter.

Transfer of data from very old to new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.