You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari does not store the web searching browse

Hi, Everyone, will need some help!

A lot of people is asking how to delete the web browse history, but I'm facing an opposite trouble...

Since half a day has been struggling with one issue, Safari does not store any web searching history, always delete everything when I restart Safari.

Maybe I changed some settings by chance while restoring “History.db” file (using Time Machine). I got the web browse history briefly back, but before I can note down all the websites I need, it's gone... Now I can't store any search history.

Will be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks indeed!

Kind Regards

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 1:00 AM

Quit Safari. Launch Safari holding the Shift key down and test.

Make sure you are not using Private Browsing.

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-private-browsing-ibrw1069/mac

3 replies

Aug 12, 2021 11:38 PM in response to lei1976

Hi, Everyone, will need some help!

A lot of people is asking how to delete the web browse history, but I'm facing an opposite trouble...

Since half a day has been struggling with one issue, Safari does not store any web searching history on Safari on my MacBook Pro, always delete everything when I restart Safari.

Maybe I changed some settings by chance while restoring “History.db” file (using Time Machine). I got the web browse history briefly back, but before I can note down all the websites I need, it's gone... Now I can't store any search history.

Will be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks indeed!

Kind Regards

Lei

safari does not store the web searching browse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.