You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i go about reccovering messages from broken iphone

i broke my phone, go new and got signed back into my apple ID but its not showing my previous messages I had on my old phone. is there a setting to get into them.?

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 8:39 PM

Did you use iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone? If YES then you can turn that ON on the new iPhone and the messages will populate in the Messages app. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name on Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Messages : Set this to ON.

If the setting mentioned above, is already ON and the messages are not populating in the Messages app then you were probably not using iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone. If this is the case, then do you have a backup of your old iPhone created on iCloud or your computer? If YES then you can restore from that backup file to get your messages.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2021 8:39 PM in response to ldefiel

Did you use iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone? If YES then you can turn that ON on the new iPhone and the messages will populate in the Messages app. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name on Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Messages : Set this to ON.

If the setting mentioned above, is already ON and the messages are not populating in the Messages app then you were probably not using iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone. If this is the case, then do you have a backup of your old iPhone created on iCloud or your computer? If YES then you can restore from that backup file to get your messages.

Axel F.

how can i go about reccovering messages from broken iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.