You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic not reading all Nord Stage cc information

Hi folks,

Logic stopped reading midi cc information correctly one day, it just happened without me installing anything new or changing anything (as far as I'm aware of).

Logic still reads key detonations fine, however it won't read me holding down the pedal. It also doesn't read modulation information, and the knob I have set to midi volume (cc7) controls the track volume of the track that is selected.

If I head over to pro tools all my midi information gets transmitted as it should; pedal, keys, cc faders and knobs (only really using expression, modulation & midi volume).

Is there a place in logic where I can trace what happens with midi signals? I feel like this might have the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks a million!

Vincent

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2021 5:35 AM in response to vincentott

Get MidiView ( free ) from the AppStore. Reboot and use to monitor for any Midi messages (without Logic ) from the device. This can help DeBug and know what Midi message you are trying to map or test.

Lots has been changing with Logic/Catalina and Midi. It sounds like the controls mapping has been lost or corrupted. Check your controller setting under Logic Pro -> Control Surfaces. I don't know Nord setups but I bet if you explore this area you will find a solution. You may need to delete any old controller settings files and update or us "learn" mode.

Can you clarify the connection chain: Connecting with USB or 5 Pin DIN through a Midi Adapter/Interface? What kind of Adapter?

Make sure that you have updated the driver for the keyboard or interface ( if used to connect the Nord with 5 pin DIN) . Many older device drivers and MIDI adapters no longer work consistently with Catalina or Big Sur. Check with each vendor for its OSX support statement and get supported drivers.

Hope this helps

Logic not reading all Nord Stage cc information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.