You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it good to keep the phone o low power mode every time?

Is it good to keep phone on low power mode everytime??

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 11:56 PM

Hello yojna30!

It is absolutely safe to keep your iPhone on Low Power Mode, but whether it is "good" or not depends on if you really need it.

Low Power Mode can save battery life on your iPhone, but it will have some impact on the performance of your iPhone in some aspects (e.g. email fetching and background app refreshing). You can refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205234 for more detailed information.

My personal suggestion is to turn on Low Power Mode when you need it. For example, you are outside and not able to charge your iPhone while your iPhone does not have much power left. Otherwise, turn it off and have full performance of your iPhone.

Hope this answer can help you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2021 11:56 PM in response to yojna30

Hello yojna30!

It is absolutely safe to keep your iPhone on Low Power Mode, but whether it is "good" or not depends on if you really need it.

Low Power Mode can save battery life on your iPhone, but it will have some impact on the performance of your iPhone in some aspects (e.g. email fetching and background app refreshing). You can refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205234 for more detailed information.

My personal suggestion is to turn on Low Power Mode when you need it. For example, you are outside and not able to charge your iPhone while your iPhone does not have much power left. Otherwise, turn it off and have full performance of your iPhone.

Hope this answer can help you.

Aug 7, 2021 11:16 PM in response to yojna30

There is nothing wrong with keeping it on always.

To turn Low Power Mode on or off, go to Settings > Battery. You can also turn Low Power Mode on and off from Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then select Low Power Mode to add it to Control Center.

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone ...

Aug 8, 2021 12:29 AM in response to yojna30

Most of the people think it is a good idea but it definitely isn’t the case. Low power mode degrades your phone’s maximum capacity to which it could work or provide output to you. Do no, I repeat, DO NOT keep your phone in low power mode always. Just when you need it, that is when it is below 15% battery life, you can put it in low power mode. And notice I say ‘can’ because even when your phone’s battery life is low you may not put it in low power mode. Hope it’s helpful to you.

Is it good to keep the phone o low power mode every time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.