You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WE NEED USB-C iPhone Charging

Can we please get USB-C ports in the new iPhones or does anybody know if this feature is coming? I would love to be able to charge my iPhone with the same cable and wall brick as I use with my laptop. Who wouldn’t want that? I’m sure charg speeds would benefit from it as well. Lightning ports are outdated and obsolete now. We need to move towards the future and towards conveniency.

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 5:38 PM

No one here will know if a different port is coming to the iPhone.

You can leave feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

~Lyssa

2 replies

Aug 4, 2021 5:59 PM in response to Batman420lol

I honestly don't care. I haven't used a cord and charging brick to charge an iPhone since iPhone X was released. I use wireless charging.

But to your question. This is a user to user only forum. No one here works for or can speak for Apple at all. We have no clue what Apple's future plans are, nor do we have any input into Apple design decisions.

You however, are welcome to provide feedback to Apple if this is that important to you by using the link Lyssa provided above.

WE NEED USB-C iPhone Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.