You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving messages to folders

Hei.

I use Apple's iOS email client and have linked it with my Gmail accounts.

I make extensive use of folders/labels.

Why...:

1) ... does the iOS email client "forget" folders/folder suggestions? that it once "knew".

2) ... does the iOS email client "know" of a folder and suggest it and then it suddenly "forgets" it?

3) ... can I not type the name of the folder when I want to move folder instead of having to scroll to find it?

Please advise.

Rgds,

K.Anderson

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 1:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 2:04 AM

For some strange reason only known to Google, they have never allowed the creation of Folders under Gmail. They have a feature called Labels and not folders.

So as far as my knowledge goes the only option the iOS Mail app has now is to display Folders and keep a link to the Gmail Labels. This is not a folder (For Gmail) by definition of "Folders" and hence will not behave like one.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2021 2:04 AM in response to kanderso66

For some strange reason only known to Google, they have never allowed the creation of Folders under Gmail. They have a feature called Labels and not folders.

So as far as my knowledge goes the only option the iOS Mail app has now is to display Folders and keep a link to the Gmail Labels. This is not a folder (For Gmail) by definition of "Folders" and hence will not behave like one.

moving messages to folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.