You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do when I receive error 1102 when trying to update an iphone8?

This phone is refusing to start up and cycles from Apple Logo to black screen repeatedly. When in recovery mode and updating, it fails with error 1102. Is there any way to rescue this phone, keeping its data in tact?

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 9:43 AM

_HoneyCrisp_ wrote:

This phone is refusing to start up and cycles from Apple Logo to black screen repeatedly. When in recovery mode and updating, it fails with error 1102. Is there any way to rescue this phone, keeping its data in tact?

I don't see that error here iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support or here Find an iTunes or the Finder error code - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2021 9:43 AM in response to _HoneyCrisp_

_HoneyCrisp_ wrote:

I don't see that error here iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support or here Find an iTunes or the Finder error code - Apple Support

What do I do when I receive error 1102 when trying to update an iphone8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.