You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max Noise Cancellation

Hi

I have gotten a new AirPods Max for myself almost a month ago and have been using it almost everyday.

When I jump into meetings, I usually turn on noise cancellation, however I am still able to hear noise from surroundings.

Please advice.

thanks

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:18 PM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2021 7:27 PM in response to judysings

Hi

Yes I am having issues with ANC. I mostly use Microsoft teams for meetings and video conferencing and phone calls and I have noticed that I am still able to hear the back ground noise. For conference calls I use MacBook Pro.

Just tried with listening to music using my MacBook Pro, still able to hear some back ground noise also.

The firmware version is 3E756, please refer attached image.

Seeking assistance.

thanks

Deepak

Aug 2, 2021 4:41 PM in response to deepak_baran

Good afternoon deepak_baran,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue with Active Noise Cancellation with your AirPods Max, and we'd like to help.

Is this happening only when you are using the AirPods Max for video conferences, or do you experience the same while listening to music or on a phone call? Are you participating in the video conferences on an iPhone or using a computer? What software are you using for these online meetings?

Try adjusting the fit of the AirPods Max to see if that improves the experience.

Make sure the device you are using with the headphones is updated to the most recent operating system.

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode

Wearing your AirPods, EarPods, or Beats devices

If the issue persists, please reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Take care.

Aug 3, 2021 11:26 AM in response to deepak_baran

Hi deepak_baran,

What iPhone model is paired with your AirPods Max? If you have not done so already, please make sure the iPhone is backed up and updated to iOS 14.7.1.

Try tapping "Forget This Device" and then setting up the AirPods Max with your iPhone again.

If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to Apple directly:

Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

AirPods Max Noise Cancellation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.