You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out

My son's phone is reading "iPhone disabled, connect to iTunes". However, he has never connected to iTunes or done a back up. We tried find my to erase the phone and start over, but he set up a two factor authentication and there is no way to get the code since we cannot get into the phone. What should I do next?

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 5:25 PM

When you set up 2 factor authentication let’s hope you created additional trusted phone numbers to receive codes. However, if you didn’t you are still OK, just restore the phone as described here in this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If he didn’t have a backup there is no way to recover anything on the phone. It will have to be set up as a new phone. Are you sure he didn’t enable automatic daily iCloud backups?

Once it is up and running log in to https://appleid.apple.com and add additional trusted phone numbers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2021 5:25 PM in response to marquita195

When you set up 2 factor authentication let’s hope you created additional trusted phone numbers to receive codes. However, if you didn’t you are still OK, just restore the phone as described here in this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If he didn’t have a backup there is no way to recover anything on the phone. It will have to be set up as a new phone. Are you sure he didn’t enable automatic daily iCloud backups?

Once it is up and running log in to https://appleid.apple.com and add additional trusted phone numbers.

Locked out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.