You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max iMessage issue

When I text people they see my cloud email instead of my name. How can I switch this to just my name or phone number? In settings under iMessage, when I click Send & Recieve to change it to my phone number, my phone number is there and not greyed out but I still can't click it. Any ideas?

P.S. I just got this phone yesterday brand new.

P.P.S I keep getting "iMessage Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 11:30 AM

_USB-C_to_Headphone_Jack wrote:

When I text people they see my cloud email instead of my name. How can I switch this to just my name or phone number? In settings under iMessage, when I click Send & Recieve to change it to my phone number, my phone number is there and not greyed out but I still can't click it. Any ideas?

P.P.S I keep getting "iMessage Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Marmururerars

_USB-C_to_Headphone_Jack wrote:

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Pro Max iMessage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.