You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing is so freaking frustrating.

Family Sharing is so freaking frustrating. I want to buy something on an app because I am a grown woman who was put on family sharing by my brother. Which was great at first! But now I can’t buy anything. Not even with a gift card. It shows up as an option but I can’t click on it to verify purchases. Why. Why do they make this so hard. Help?

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:59 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2021 5:26 AM in response to unicornnoir

Hi unicornnoir,

We understand that you're running into some problems with making purchases through Family Sharing, and we'd like to help. To get started, can you tell us if there are any error messages that appear when you try to make an in-app purchase, and which device you're using to make the purchase? Also, are all of your Family Sharing group members in the same region? The reason we ask is that App Store purchases should automatically use the gift card balance, if there are enough funds available to cover the balance. Any remaining balance would be billed to the Family Sharing organizer's credit card.

If you're finding that Family Sharing is no longer working for you, any group members with an adult account always have the option of leaving the group if they'd like. Here's how to do that:

Leave Family Sharing

Please let us know what you find, and we'll gladly continue to assist.

Have a great day.

Family Sharing is so freaking frustrating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.