You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

document missing in the desktop

I disconnect icloud drive with my laptop, but suddenly the docs on my desktop are missing, please help me to get my documents back to the 'desktop', I don't want to save it in icloud drive, thank you

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 4:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 5:02 PM

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com

On iCloud.com, you can recover files deleted from both iCloud Drive and other apps. However, you can’t recover or restore files you permanently remove.

Recover files deleted from iCloud Drive or iWork apps

You can recover files you deleted from iCloud Drive or iWork apps within the last 30 days, whether you deleted them on iCloud.com or on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Windows computer.

1. In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, click Recently Deleted in the bottom-right corner of the window.
  2. Click Recover All, or select each file you want to recover, then click Recover.

Recover files deleted from other apps

You can restore files you deleted from other apps within the last 30 days, whether you deleted them on iCloud.com or on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Windows computer.

1. In Settings on iCloud.com, click Restore Files (in the Advanced section).
  2. Select each file you want to restore, or select Select All.
  3. Click Restore.

Look for your recovered files in the folders they were in when you deleted them. For example, if a file was in the Pages folder when you deleted it, look for the recovered file in the Pages folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 5:02 PM in response to AlexTu1

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com

On iCloud.com, you can recover files deleted from both iCloud Drive and other apps. However, you can’t recover or restore files you permanently remove.

Recover files deleted from iCloud Drive or iWork apps

You can recover files you deleted from iCloud Drive or iWork apps within the last 30 days, whether you deleted them on iCloud.com or on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Windows computer.

1. In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, click Recently Deleted in the bottom-right corner of the window.
  2. Click Recover All, or select each file you want to recover, then click Recover.

Recover files deleted from other apps

You can restore files you deleted from other apps within the last 30 days, whether you deleted them on iCloud.com or on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Windows computer.

1. In Settings on iCloud.com, click Restore Files (in the Advanced section).
  2. Select each file you want to restore, or select Select All.
  3. Click Restore.

Look for your recovered files in the folders they were in when you deleted them. For example, if a file was in the Pages folder when you deleted it, look for the recovered file in the Pages folder.

document missing in the desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.