You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migrate from iMac 2017 to new iMac 24

I know I can migrate but will I run into problems because my up-to-date software applications will not work properly with the new Apple M1, like Photoshop 2021 I currently subscribe to?

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 4:10 PM

Photoshop 2021 (June) 22.4.2 is an M1 native application. Hopefully, you chose the 16GB RAM version of the 24-inch M1 iMac.

When I took delivery of my M1 Mac mini, during the setup process, it asks what drive I would like to use for Migration Assistant. I plugged in my Time Machine drive containing the last backup from Mojave 10.14.6, and let it churn. About 40 minutes later, the migration was done, and my M1 mini worked (albeit much faster) as though I were sitting in front of my 2013 iMac. Nothing to configure and everything just worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2021 4:10 PM in response to noirgalant

Photoshop 2021 (June) 22.4.2 is an M1 native application. Hopefully, you chose the 16GB RAM version of the 24-inch M1 iMac.

When I took delivery of my M1 Mac mini, during the setup process, it asks what drive I would like to use for Migration Assistant. I plugged in my Time Machine drive containing the last backup from Mojave 10.14.6, and let it churn. About 40 minutes later, the migration was done, and my M1 mini worked (albeit much faster) as though I were sitting in front of my 2013 iMac. Nothing to configure and everything just worked.

migrate from iMac 2017 to new iMac 24

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.