You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airtag making noise

My airtag keeps making noise every time it is used and when I go to the specifications it tells me the phone number for the owner and it is my phone number. How do I go about re-syncing my account with my airtag? I don’t need to be notified every time I move my own keys.

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 3:24 AM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2021 7:10 AM in response to eb6932

Hi eb6932

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your AirTag keeps notifying you every time it's being used and we're happy to help! It sounds like your AirTag has been marked as lost. To turn off Lost Mode follow the steps below:

1. Open ‎Find My app
  2. "Tap Items, then tap the name of the item.
  3. Under Lost Mode, tap Enabled.
  4. Tap Turn Off Lost Mode."

For additional information check out the Apple resources Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item and Mark an AirTag or other item as lost in Find My on iPhone.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Jul 19, 2021 1:43 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Hello,

I have the same issue. Both of my airtags are tracked correctly but cant be found (Searching for signal even when right next to my phone) or sound played (AirTag not reachable - again when right next to my phone). And in most cases when I move it it starts making sound.

Turning lost mode on and off did not help.

Airtag making noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.