You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to get mac OS Catalina 10.15 upgrade on my Mac Book Air 2017 it says that your version is too old

When I try to get mac OS Catalina 10.15 upgrade on my Mac Book Air 2017 it says that your version is too old

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:47 AM

Downgrading from Big Sur to Catalina will depend if this actual computer came Pre-Insatalled with Big Sur. If it did come with Big Sur when it was New - you can not downgrade at all. Apple will not allow this.

If the computer came with an earlier version of macOS as New - then yes it can be downgraded. The easy way Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2021 1:47 AM in response to stacyles

Downgrading from Big Sur to Catalina will depend if this actual computer came Pre-Insatalled with Big Sur. If it did come with Big Sur when it was New - you can not downgrade at all. Apple will not allow this.

If the computer came with an earlier version of macOS as New - then yes it can be downgraded. The easy way Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.