You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB capture not coming up as camera on Quicktime

I am trying to record a VHS USB capture to Quicktime. I never used to have this issue but the device no longer comes up in the QuickTime camera settings. I assume this is due to an update. It works as an audio device however. As you can see it's the ezcap usb audio device. When I go onto VLC to try and use that instead it does come up with a video signal so it's not an issue with the capture device. I just can't figure out how to tell Quicktime that it is a camera that I can record from.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 12:48 PM

it could be that the driver for the USB capture device is not supported for big sur. the device i use is from a different vendor than yours. it, too, is not compatible with big sur. just like yours, on big sur, it shows up as an audio device, but does not show up under camera. rather than return it to said vendor and shop for a replacement, i installed catalina on an external samsung T7 SDD. i then downloaded the driver and voila, the device worked properly.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Minimonstrosity

it could be that the driver for the USB capture device is not supported for big sur. the device i use is from a different vendor than yours. it, too, is not compatible with big sur. just like yours, on big sur, it shows up as an audio device, but does not show up under camera. rather than return it to said vendor and shop for a replacement, i installed catalina on an external samsung T7 SDD. i then downloaded the driver and voila, the device worked properly.

USB capture not coming up as camera on Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.